Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

New Blog, Filipino Pride

Today happens to be a non-working holiday here in the Philippines. It's also the day for the Million People March in Luneta. The latter is a gathering of Filipinos hoping to express their outrage against the undenial political corruption evident in the misappropriation and misuse of PDAF. I was set on joining this movement because I am one of the tax paying Filipinos who felt swindled by the Philippine government. Somehow, with this recent scandal, it makes me think that there's truth in the view of most tax paying Filipinos that the government is increasing taxes to fund their lavish lifestyles. I chose not to believe this. Instead, as taught by a private catholic all-girls school, I chose to believe in the inherent goodness of people; politicians included. This is the reason why I wanted to join the gathering.  It's in the hope that a united Philippines against corruption would encourage the inherent goodness in our politicians to take to heart their oath to be of service to the Filipino people.

It saddens me that I am unable to be part of this gathering. As of this writing, I am in the hospital confined for fever and vomiting. I'm hoping that by starting my long overdue blog and dedicating my first post to the success of this event is enough. Long live the resilient Filipino!



Note to reader: This blog is not a political blog. It is a do-it-yourself blog of a nationalistic Filipina. This means that most of the posts would be about arts, crafts, Filipiniana and DIY. But, every now and then, I'd write something that concern the Filipino. Crafted Love is a love for anything that can be crafted. Including crafting the invisible... Filipino Pride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment